The Eastman Free Press
Providing owners with the information they need to make informed decisions.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Steamroller Vs. Democracy

This letter is addressed to the Board of Directors from a Community owner. A copy was sent to the Blog to share with Eastman owners.


To the Eastman Board of Directors:

The title of this email spells out my feelings perfectly. Through machinations of your votes and surveys, you have managed to pass a motion to build a new center the decided majority of Eastman residents do not want.

Your question #6 on your survey, which still puzzles serious students of the democratic process, is perhaps the most clever method of undoing a genuine survey I have yet to see.

And the September 6 vote is yet another example of a manipulated system that manages to render a few dozen golfers against the entire Eastman population. It is as contrived as other products of the Board, most notably your Budgets.

Your system to load Special Places with large numbers of members, a majority of them golf centric, will forever manage to rule any decisions in Eastman, despite what the majority of residents here want.  

So I remain helpless to forestall the enormous increase in our debt, and am left to this anemic method of voicing my opposition to your actions. I cannot be here to attend Board meetings, and even if I could, it seems my voice, in concert with a majority of my fellow Eastman neighbors, would be lost in the wind of your ambitions.


A wind that reeks of the exhaust of your steamroller.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment