The Eastman Free Press
Providing owners with the information they need to make informed decisions.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Mr. Ryder’s Failure to Perform—Part I

On June 30, 2014 I made the following request to Brian Harding:

Hi Brian,
At the April Council meeting Maynard Goldman indicated that the pool at South Cove and cross country skiing are the most expensive amenities at Eastman. At the June Council Meeting it was then changed to "most expensive amenities to operate". Could you please provide me with the financials to substantiate the statement?"

The responsibility for my request was assumed by Ken Ryder from whom I received an elongated explanation stating that he had created a spreadsheet substantiating Maynard's statement. Here is what he said of that claimed document: email (7/9/2014)

Unfortunately the computer that spreadsheet was on crashed and everything on it was lost to include the spreadsheet noted above. Shame on me for not having the file backed up but I didn't.
I do intend to rebuild the spreadsheet before we begin the FY 2016 Budget, however this is a 24 to 40 hour project. I intend to have that completed by the end of August. Once I do rebuild it I will share the report with you.

Cheers,
Ken

On July 9, I followed up  Ken's response with a request:
"Do you have a hard copy?"
To which request Mr. Ryder answered:
"Sorry don't have a hard copy either"

It is now September 27 and I do not have the information. Mr Ryder' failure to properly back up financial information is inappropriate for an individual at his level. Accountability is lacking when it comes to ECA employees and that problem starts at the top.


Submitted by Robert Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment